Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hair Color? This is how I made up my mind about it!

Now let's face it, I have terrible hair... No really I do... Let's say what God didn't give my hair, compensated it with my skin and I sure have bad hair... People tweet and rant about Bad Hair Days, but for me Bad Hair Days are like any other day and it is the Good Hair Days that I actually tweet and post about ;) You get the drift don't you? :P

So every time I plan to do something new to my hair like rebond, straighten, color or even get a haircut, I have to like give it a lot of thought and totally research things well... And this is what I went through last week when I suddenly decided to color my hair... Now my hair is like the darkest of browns and am totally against getting lighter brown or even blonde highlights... Nope they wouldn't suit me and my coarse hair... I was looking more at shades like Burgundy and Dark Reds but I wasn't quite sure :(




Then I had a mentos and meri dimaag ki batti jal gayee, yup that's a bit of drama that I like to add here and there and well I remembered receiving some PR emails from L'Oreal Paris reps about this new L'Oreal Paris Casting Creme Gloss... I dug out my inbox for those emails and lo behold! :D I so love this beauty blogging hobby of mine, it gives me insight about so many new things coming up in the beauty market... :D

So anyways, some excerpts of what I received in the email...

We recently launched the Say Yes to Colour Campaign on digital which is about the benefits of using Casting Crème Gloss to colour your hair. India as you know has always been a grey coverage market but we feel that given the right product, we can get the modern Indian woman to experiment with colour and bring out her individuality.

OMG, its as if they read my mind! I need Grey Coverage too!!! It's like a hereditary thing for me and I have been living with it since so long that I almost forgot I needed to cover Grey! ha ha ha :D


Casting Crème Gloss is the perfect hair colour for women who prize quality and care over everything else. It is a no ammonia hair colourant that gives your hair rich, visible tones and a stunning glossy shine. Enriched with Royal Jelly, a naturally occurring substance known for its rare nutritive and rejuvenating quality, Casting Crème Gloss ensures that post colouring hair is left revitalized with a glossy shine. Its crème formula contains a special patented conditioning complex that helps protect the hair fibre inside and out for exceptionally soft voluptuous hair. It is easy to apply, takes just 20 minutes and comes in a do-it-yourself kit which saves unnecessary trips to the parlour. The delicate fragrance makes colouring a luxurious treat! It delivers on every aspect, quite like the modern Indian woman. 

Oh yeah baby! You had me at righ glossy tones and a stunning glossy shine! *giggle* *giggle*... I so wanted it like right now! They even had a link with like a ton of FAQs and I must say I was quite impressed with how they were sure I would love their hair color product ;) Here's the link in case you want some questions answered too...
http://www.lorealparis.co.in/_en/_in/about/faq.aspx#tab:FAQ_Haircolor


But still I was like in double minds, if I should or should not...

Our campaign aims to educate women about the benefits of colouring their hair. We would like to also get them to Say Yes To Colour! Since, most women are apprehensive about colouring their hair; we want to introduce women to the safe No Ammonia Casting Crème Gloss. We want women to rediscover themselves and try different shades from our range!

Oh yeah I want myself educated! Education is important isn't it ;) I made up my mind to actually try it for myself! But which shade would suit me? And then they said something like this...

To pick a shade that suits you the best, take our 'My Hair My Colour' quiz here:http://bit.ly/MyHairMyColour

And well the shade that was recommended to me after I took the quiz is something that made me ecstatically happy :D He he..

I am yet to color my hair, but I have received a sample from them in the shade that I chose after taking the quiz and I guess it'll be my weekend home work ;) Stay tuned for color updates! :D

How could I resist, when they promised me:
1. Stunning Glossy Shine
2. No Ammonia and hence no damage
3. Easy DIY kit!
4. Grey Coverage!